Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Perdido, Day 3

Another relaxing day at the beach. That's been a good trend on this trip: taking it easy. We went to the Gulf Coast Zoo this morning, which was much better than I expected...and pretty cheap too. Ellie really enjoyed it. She got to see a bear, some tigers, and got to feed a donkey and some goats. She liked feeding the animals, but didn't like them touching her. It was also fun to see her hear the animal noises that we've been working on for the last year or so.

After that it was back to the condo for nap (both Ellie and me). That heat was nearly unbearable today. 100 degrees easy. The scorching sun made me reevaluate my plans for taking a 6 hour fishing trip tomorrow. That would put me out there in the ocean, with no shade or quarter, during the roughest part of the day's sun. I decided just to do a 4 hour tour which puts me back onshore at 12:00. I'm really looking forward to it: it's my Father's Day gift. I'll be happy with a few pounds of snapper or even some triggerfish.

After supper we went back out to the beach. A spot shower cooled things off some. Late afternoon really is the best time to be out there. You've got the place to yourself and it's cooler. Ellie made a sand castle and made a friend who is also staying at the condo too. I'm so happy that she likes to get out in the ocean. Of course she doesn't know about all the creepy things that live in it...and once she comes to that realization she may change in the future...but right now she could care less.

Off to bed, gotta be up early to catch the boat. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment