Thursday, June 25, 2009

Perdido: the finale

It's always a bummer when a trip wraps up. Packing up, cleaning up, loading up...it stinks. But, we do have the memories of a truly great vacation. It was relaxing, and most importantly it was a lot of fun to see Ellie thrive in a new environment.

I cashed in my Father's Day gift and went deep-sea fishing. I was only going for 4 hours, but when I got there they said they cancelled the 4 hour that morning and only offered the 6 hour tour. But they gave it to me at the 4 hour price since no one called to let me know. It was rough out there, choppy waves (4-6 ft). Kids on either side of me lost their breakfast overboard. Fun. Luckily, I took Dramamine, so I was in good shape. I caught 4 fish total. One was a big 10 pounder. I think I've got about 7 pounds of meat off of that one. Very fun trip and a great Father's Day gift.

We're wrapping up now and I need to get my rest for the return trip back. Let's hope it's a smooth ride back. By the way, Ellie told the beach and ocean "Bye-bye" this evening. It was cute and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment